Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» For anyone that still uses this forum or happened upon it. Server information.
Tue May 29, 2012 10:19 am by TheTBird

» Accidentally banned
Mon May 28, 2012 8:24 pm by TheTBird

» NEEDS IMMEDIATE ATTENTION
Sat May 19, 2012 4:08 pm by Q_man69

» Skypes usernames?
Wed Nov 02, 2011 12:36 pm by Evangeder

» Terraria Server?
Wed Nov 02, 2011 12:34 pm by Evangeder

» Ranked up, axeens
Wed Oct 19, 2011 3:46 pm by axeens

» Rank Architect
Wed Oct 19, 2011 7:42 am by TheTBird

» I'm back :D
Sat Oct 08, 2011 5:16 am by Hallis

» There's a whitelist now?
Sun Sep 25, 2011 8:12 am by Lissa

Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 46 on Mon Oct 24, 2011 4:48 am

RtD: The Stone of Destiny (Turn 6)

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

RtD: The Stone of Destiny (Turn 6)

Post  Ku0 on Sun Nov 21, 2010 6:10 pm

RtD: The Stone of Destiny

This is a game of intellect and chance. The actions you make may kill you, help you, or do nothing at all. Plus, there are a lotta rules that require reading! You have been warned...

What RtD Is
Spoiler:
A RtD game (meaning Roll to Dodge) is where you say what action you want to make. Then, a die is rolled and the number that comes up on the die is the level of success you had in attempting your action.
Example
Spoiler:
Ku0: I kick myself in the head.

Roll: 3
You kick yourself in the face, but you lose your balance and fall down.

The Success Levels
Spoiler:
There are 6 sides on a die, and therefore, 6 levels of success:

1 - Fail (Your action is a complete and utter failure)
2 - Somewhat fail (Your action is a failure, but not as bad as it could've gone)
3 - Decent (Your action is not quite a success)
4 - Good (Your action is a success)
5 - Excellent! (Your action is a big success, and there might be a bonus!)
6 - Overshot! (Your action is a success, but you overdo it)

The Health System
Spoiler:
You will have 6 hitpoints. If you lose all your hitpoints, you are dead....but not out of the game. (Explained later on)

Damage dealt to you is also based on rolling a die, and also what physical ailment you will be burdened with, if any, from being hurt. (ex. A powerful monster punches you in the hand. The roll for the number of hitpoints taken away from the attack is 3, so your health is 3/6. Then, since that is a pretty powerful monster, there is no way your hand isn't mangled after that. So, I roll a number for how badly your hand is damaged. I roll a 5, so your hand is now fractured from the attack)

Hitpoints can be gained back by drinking health potions or tending to your wounds. Drinking a health potion is an auto-success, unless there is something preventing you from doing so (A creature has grabbed both your hands) or something happens that prevents you from drinking your potion (A sudden earthquake makes you drop your potion, and the glass tube shatters on the ground beneath you). You only get 3 health potions at the start, but you can acquire more later on...if you know where to look for them.

If you have no potions and you are wounded, then attempting to tend to your wound(s) may be your last or only resort. Again, how well you fix yourself depends on the rolling of the die, where a 1 can make it ultimately worse, and a 5 or 6 can make you feel better and stop any blood loss (which drains HP, and depends on what type of wound it is and where it is located). If you are in a situation where you cannot tend to your wounds (paralyzed from the neck down) or if you are dying slowly, you can pray to the gods to make you better. If you roll a 4, your wounds are healed, but not fully. If you roll a 5+, they are fully healed. (You must get a 4, 5, or 6 in order to be healed by the gods!)

Death
Spoiler:
Death is not the end. If your character dies, his spot will be replaced by another user's character, and if you wish to still play, your name will be placed in a waiting list - a list of other users wanting to take a dead character's spot.

Getting Started
Spoiler:
I will accept a maximum of 3 players (because 3 will be easier to keep track of, and also because it just feels right, ya know? The Three Musketeers, The Three Stooges...)

You can give your character's names, and you can choose one of 3 professions: Warrior, Wizard, and Archer. However, there can only be one of each.

The Warrior starts off with a sword, shield, and wears metal armor. If you are a warrior, any actions that have to do with attacking or strength will give a +1 to any roll number you get for said actions. (If you roll a 6, and since 6+1=7, the 7 will still count as a 6)

The Wizard starts off with a staff and wears some snug robes. A wizard has 4 elemental spells (The power of Earth, Air, Fire, and Water), and its up to you to decide how to use them. If you use any spell on an obstacle that is weak to the element of the spell you are using, you will get a +1 to the roll number for the spell action.
(To get a feeling of what you can do with your spells, scroll down and read Determining Appropriate Elemental Skill: http://www.io.com/~sjohn/element.htm

An Archer starts off with a bow, a quiver full of arrows (30 of them), a dagger, and wears leather armor. The Archer also has a grappling hook that can be used to scale walls or get a hold of objects. If you use your bow to attack enemies while on high ground, you will get a +1 to your attack.

Armor
If you are attacked, your armor just might save your life.

Metal armor has a chance to deflect 2 points of damage, but only if the armor roll lands on an even number (2,4, and 6).

Leather armor has a chance to deflect 1 point of damage, but only if the roll lands on an odd number (1,3, and 5).

The robe that the Wizard starts out with does not deflect damage, so try to resist the urge to lunge yourself at a group of hungry wolves. Cool

Whew! That was a lot of writing! Suspect
I still have a lot of rules in mind, but I'll make them up as the game goes on. Twisted Evil

Anyways, I am now taking applications to play this game!

1. Warrior - CloseKnight
2. Wizard - Orphodel333
3. Archer - Jajko58

Waiting List
1. Antelod
2. Petraller
etc...

Last edited by Ku0 on Tue Dec 28, 2010 12:10 pm; edited 12 times in total
Ku0

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: RtD: The Stone of Destiny (Turn 6)

Post  Orphodel333 on Sun Nov 21, 2010 8:56 pm

i wanna be a wizard... does it work like tht
Orphodel333

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ku0 on Sun Nov 21, 2010 9:57 pm

If you mean by saying what class you want to be, then yes! Very Happy

We have our first wizard! Just 2 more people!
Ku0

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Jajko58 on Sun Nov 21, 2010 10:01 pm

Name: ILikeButter
Profession: Archer (for now, later i wanna be wizard too :p)
Jajko58

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ku0 on Sun Nov 21, 2010 10:03 pm

Nice to have you on board, Jaj Very Happy

Just one more person!
Ku0

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Jajko58 on Sun Nov 21, 2010 10:18 pm

As I can see, when you are wizard you can heal yourself or someone
"EARTH: Body, Shapes, HEALTH and Physical Needs"
Am i right?
Jajko58

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ku0 on Sun Nov 21, 2010 10:22 pm

Yes. Very Happy I was kinda amazed to find that out since I looked at the website in order to find what Earth spells were like. Now, the wizard is more precious to the group than I thought Shocked
Ku0

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Jajko58 on Mon Nov 22, 2010 4:00 am

We need Warrior!
I want to play!
D:
Jajko58

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ku0 on Mon Nov 22, 2010 4:11 am

I have this strong feeling that Petraller will be the warrior... Razz

Anyways, I updated the Getting Started topic and included an Armor section.
Ku0

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Jajko58 on Mon Nov 22, 2010 4:23 am

Petraller, Where are you?
I need you! You MUST be a Warrior!
please... come here... *sniff* COLOURS!
Jajko58

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  CloseKnight on Mon Nov 22, 2010 11:06 am

Ill be the warrior Very Happy
Already edited the top post >_>

CloseKnight
CloseKnight

View user profile http://forum.antigriefnation.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Ku0 on Mon Nov 22, 2010 11:10 am

YES!.....YES!!......
Ku0

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Orphodel333 on Mon Nov 22, 2010 12:54 pm

then lets start Smile
Orphodel333

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ku0 on Mon Nov 22, 2010 1:00 pm

Plot

"I have sent for you three because I have heard that you are the best in your professions..." the King said, wearing a proud smile.

"Sir Closeknight, whose great strength saved an entire village from a Giant."

"The mighty wizard Orphodel, whose talents for the magic arts knows no bounds."

"And the ranger.......ILikeButter....that is a very exquisite name....whose sharp wits and solid aim struck down a dragon before it could engulf him in dragonfire!"

The smile faded.

"I have also sent for you all...because I believe that you three, alone, can defeat the evil that is threatening all of Talios...."

His face turned pale as he shuddered out, "The demon, Zazael, has stolen the Stone of Destiny! He and his minions sieged the Magi Tower, killing everyone inside before taking the stone and going back to the dreaded isle of Talgath!"

"If he manages to tap into the powers of the stone, he will have the ability to alter time and reality to his desire!"

The King leaned back in his throne, his face returning to its peachy hue.

"You three must get that Stone back....or all is lost."

"I have a wagon outside that is ready to take you to the town of Spirecoast. You will find a ship there that will sail you to the isle of Talgath.....Good luck, you three heroes....and may the Gods watch over you..."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Turn 0

You are led out of the castle and directed toward the wagon the King mentioned. The wagon is small and weak looking. The two horses that pull it are also in the same conditon. The driver is on top of the wagon, sleeping peacefully, until Jajko throws a pebble at him. The driver bolts straight up and tumbles off the wagon.

"What the blazes are you doing!? I was having me a nice dream, and you went on and dun' woke me up!"

Nevertheless, the driver tells you to board the wagon, and once you all are adjusted to the cramped conditions, the driver takes the reins and directs the horses forward to the long road ahead.....

Map
Spoiler:

The red dot is the group's current location.

We will really start tomorrow because Jajko told me that he won't be on until the next day.

Ku0

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  antelod on Mon Nov 22, 2010 4:13 pm

can i be on teh waiting list?

antelod

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Petraller on Mon Nov 22, 2010 7:33 pm

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Darn my stupid power pack failing my computer...
Petraller

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ku0 on Tue Nov 23, 2010 1:44 pm

Ok....LETS DO THIS!

Turn 1

Four hours after leaving the castle, you all notice that the sun is starting to descend into the mountain range to the north.

"It'll be night soon," Closeknight says while brushing something off his shoulderpads.

"A many foul beasts come out at night...." Orphodel grasps his staff and peers out through the door window. "Who knows whats out there..."

"I'll tell ya what's out there," the archer leans forward and says through curved lips, "...target practice." A chuckle is heard from Orphodel. "You seem very confident, archer, despite the fact that we are going to be sent to an island noone has ever come back from."

"Yeah, well I'll tell the king you said that when we present him with the stone."

"Just what, exactly, is this stone, wizard? I've don't know much about it, I'm afraid," Closeknight says, cutting off Orphodel's chance to start an argument.

"Hmph....the Stone of Destiny is a powerful artifact that grants the user the ability to alter time and reality. It was created by the rogue god Bane, who wanted to be the king of all the other gods. However, before he could use it, the other gods discovered his intentions and a great battle took place over possession of the stone. Bane was defeated, but before they could take the stone away, he threw the stone from the heavens and into Talios, so that the wickedness of mankind may find it and use it to cause chaos-"

Suddenly, the wagon comes to a halt, and a loud noise comes from the driver's seat.

It sounded like a scream.

"We got trouble, boys," says Closeknight, looking out the door window on his side.

"Closeknight, can you see what's out there?" whispers Orphodel.

(Closeknight)Observation Roll: 2

"I don't see anything. Blast this darkness! If only the moon were out....ILoveButter, can you see what is on your side?"

(Jajko58)Observation Roll: 1

The archer sticks his head out the window.

"......I don't see anything as well...."

Suddenly, a clawed hand bursts from the darkness and lunges at Jajko's head!

Damage Roll to Jajko58: 3
(Jajko58) Dodge Roll: 6

Jajko moves his head back just in time to avoid the hand, but does so with such force that he tumbles backwards and collides with Orphodel.

"Watch it!" the wizard says with annoyance.

"Whatever is out there, its fast! Nearly took my head off!"

"Ok...we need to come up with plan to fight this thing...."

Shocked

Closeknight
Spoiler:
Health: 6/6
Inventory: Iron Sword(Holding, Right Hand), Iron Shield (Holding, Left Hand), Iron Armor (Wearing), Health Potions (3)
Orphodel
Spoiler:
Inventory: Staff(Holding, Right Hand), Robes(Wearing), Health Potions (3)
Jajko58
Spoiler:
Inventory: Bow(Holding, Left Hand), Quiver{30 Arrows}(Wearing), Leather Armor(Wearing), Dagger(Sheathed), Grappling Hook(Wrapped Around Back), Health Potions (3)

Post your actions in BOLD

Last edited by Ku0 on Tue Nov 23, 2010 8:37 pm; edited 2 times in total
Ku0

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Orphodel333 on Tue Nov 23, 2010 7:38 pm

"i propose we stay as a group and explore"
is tht how it works?
btw is it possible for me to aquire a magic shield or sumthing?
Orphodel333

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ku0 on Tue Nov 23, 2010 8:42 pm

Orphodel333 wrote:"i propose we stay as a group and explore"
is tht how it works?
btw is it possible for me to aquire a magic shield or sumthing?

1. Yeah, but you won't get much exploring done with that creature out there. Very Happy

2. Maybe, maybe not.... Twisted Evil
Ku0

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Orphodel333 on Tue Nov 23, 2010 9:16 pm

ok first can i kno if i can weild a shield and second wat do we have with us on tha wagon
Orphodel333

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  CloseKnight on Thu Nov 25, 2010 1:40 pm

Stay in a group and defend the wagon

CloseKnight
CloseKnight

View user profile http://forum.antigriefnation.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Jajko58 on Sat Nov 27, 2010 2:57 am

First examine what is this thing and we will see
Maybe then we will attack
what ya think?
Jajko58

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ku0 on Sat Nov 27, 2010 9:15 am

Orphodel333 = 2
Stay in a group and explore
Closeknight = 5
Stay in a group and defend the wagon
Jajko58 = 3
Examine creature first and maybe attack

Turn 2

"I say we stay together and fight this thing," the Warrior proposed, his eyes trying to pierce the blackness outside the door window.

"Don't you want to know what we're dealing with, first?" Jajko asked. "Its better to know your enemy before attacking it."

"And you nearly lost your head trying to do just that," responded Closeknight.

"Ummm, I know this isn't the right time....but....I really want to go exploring," Orphodel said, shifting in his seat. His proposal was met with silence and puzzled looks.

"Maybe later, wizard..." Closeknight said before diverting his attention back to the door window. After a few moments of observation, he turned to face his companions.

"Ok, here's what we're gonna do. Orphodel, the moment we step outside I want you to cast a fireball so we can see. Jajko, I want you to climb ontop of the wagon and look for that thing, and if you see it, tell us which side its coming from and start shooting it. I'll be up front protecting the horses and the driver. Ok?"

They both nodded.

"Ok.....lets do this."

The warrior kicked open the door, quickly hopped outside and ran to the front of the wagon. A moment before Closeknight reached the front, the wizard got out and casted a fireball onto the ground, igniting the grass and creating a nice-sized fire that lit up the surroundings. And after Closeknight reached the front and Orphodel just started the fire, the archer lept out and clambered onto the top of the wagon.

Poised to strike, they waited for the beast to come for them.

But it didn't. Minutes passed before a voice finally broke the silence.

"The driver isn't here, but the horses are."

"You suppose the thing got him? Because if it did, why didn't it get the horses?" said Jajko, looking around for signs of movement.

"Maybe it only likes the taste of human flesh," Orphodel said, nervously tapping his staff with his fingers.

"Well, it better get hungry soon. Its cold out here."

"Its rather warm down here," the wizard said with a smile.

"Hmph...jackass..." Jajko muttered.

"Quiet!" Closeknight exclaimed, "....I heard something...."

Over the crackling of the fire, there was indeed an noise coming from somewhere infront of them.

"About time," the archer said, readying his bow.

The noise, like the rustling of leaves, grew louder.

Closeknight took a stance, ready to bash whatever was coming for them.

"There!" Orphodel shouted, raising his staff at the black shape coming at them.

The shape then sprang into the clearing, the light of the fire making visible its hideous features.

It was humanoid, but it had the head of a wolf and the legs of a goat. Its claws where like that of an eagles, and there was a reddish tint to them. The creature seemed to freeze for a second, its eyes fixated on the wizard, and then let loose a horrible howl.

"Orphodel! Get out of there! Jajko, shoot it!" Closeknight yelled, running to combat the monster.

The creature reared back and launched itself at the wizard, and at the same moment, the archer let loose an arrow.

Monster(Damage Roll): 5
Orphodel(Dodge Roll): 5

The wizard threw himself out of the way, barely escaping the claws of the beast.

Jajko58(Damage Roll): 4+1=5
Monster(Dodge Roll): 3

The arrow strikes the creature in the throat, and the monster crumples to the ground.

"Wooo! Did you see that shot!" Jajko said estaticly.

The wizard got up and brushed the dirt off his robes. "It almost got me...." he said, staring at the writhing monster. It was making gurgling noises and attempting to pull out the arrow, but Closeknight came over to it, and with a mighty swing, severed its head.

"Well, be glad it didn't. Now, lets-"

Suddenly, the sound of several howls come from behind the wagon.

"You gotta be kidding me," Jajko said, looking behind him.

"That sounds like alot of them....what do we do?"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Jajko58(Inventory Change): -1 Arrow (29 Remain)

New Rule: If the both the Damage and Dodge Rolls are 5 or 6, Dodge always wins

Last edited by Ku0 on Sat Nov 27, 2010 9:17 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : sausage)
Ku0

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Jajko58 on Sat Nov 27, 2010 11:24 am

We got a wagon with horses right?
So get in and get out of that place
Jajko58

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Orphodel333 on Sat Nov 27, 2010 12:25 pm

ditto that but maybe we can have sumone like the archer with ranged attacks to slow the monster down while we run
Orphodel333

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next